Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Baby Did It


He once was the baby I nursed at my breast,

But now it feels like he’s left the nest.

Held in my arms he once looked so small,

Now in his uniform he looks so tall.

What will I do all day with noone to love,

Well there’s always the housework if push comes to shove.

As he walked up the school path, all by his self,

I felt so discarded and put on the shelf.

He turns to give a little wave,

I tell myself that I must behave,

I must not cry and act a state,

Or hold him up and make him late.

I say goodbye and turn to go,

He’ll be fine and this I know.

I start the car and wipe a tear,

put on my belt and slip in first gear.

It’s the start of a new chapter of my life,

No more baby causing trouble and strife.

How will I cope alone all day?

I don’t know, but I’ll find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment